So what can you do to make sure your four legged family member is ready? Many of the same things you do for yourself.
- A picture -Of you and your pet together
- Does your pet have ID? - are they chipped and/or do they have a collar and license.
- A go bag packed? - food, medicine, leash, litter (for cats) , brush, toys...
- A plan for where to take your pet if you can't take them with you
- A list of hotel chains that allow pets
There will always be situations beyond our control, but we can make sure we exercise some control by preparing our little family members for a disaster.